Serving you is what we do best. These seven simple words have little meaning without action. The officers and employees of First State Bank accept with humility the fact that you, our customer, are the reason we have the opportunity to serve.
Our highest priority is customer service. Our Basic Values all deal with customer service. They are:
- Take care of the customer;
- Do more than is expected;
- Be enthusiastic- smile, greet, and call the customer by name;
- If there is a problem, apologize for it and fix it;
- Tell the customer THANK YOU and that we appreciate their business;
- Treat the customer and your fellow employees like you would want them to treat your mother.
While much of the banking industry has recently encountered difficulty; community banks, like First State Bank, have remained sound and strong. Our capital position, at almost 11%, is one of the highest in the country. We did not accept government bailout money because we don’t need it.
Our mission statement describes what we are about. It says, “Our mission is to be a strong, independent community bank that provides EXCELLENT customer service in an employee-friendly environment while striving to maintain stable growth and maximizing earnings and shareholder value.” We stress community, customer service, employee friendliness and shareholder value.
Thank you for allowing us to provide you the best and friendliest banking service possible. For this we are deeply grateful. After all, serving you is what we do best.
Joel C. Clements
Chairman, President, and CEO